Brother sewing machine, undoubtedly one of the greatly featured machines of the present time. The machine has already immensely been successful in creating a revolutionary reaction among the novice and versatile fashionista. Seeing the sewing machine having such increasing popularity, we guess that you are also a proud owner of it or going to be very soon. So it is a common question for every owner is “How to Thread a Brother Sewing Machine”.
However, it doesn’t matter how much quality sewing machine you own, if you don’t know how to set it up properly, your purpose is going to be vain. Setting up a brother sewing machine includes a number of different processes.
Don’t Miss To Read: Best Thread Nippers
Among those, threading is the toughest one which can make you depressed if you cannot deal with it properly. But, we don’t want you to be so and thus have decorated today’s article with the simplest method of threading a brother sewing machine. So, if you own a brother sewing machine or will shortly, it is mandatory for you to check out the entire writing with patience.
Guideline: How to Thread a Brother Sewing Machine
Threading a brother sewing machine
As we have mentioned earlier that threading is the toughest process, so we have divided the entire process into small segments with additional tips. But, before you start digging the process, you mustn’t ignore the initial section as it will introduce you to the must-know parts of the process.
Parts to get introduced for threading
This is also called the on/off button and you already know what to do with it. However, it is normally found on the right side of a brother sewing machine.
It is a spike-like long either vertical or horizontal thing. You can find it on the top of any sewing machine. This is the place for placing the thread spool.
Thread guides are some hook-like things fond on the front of a machine. These lead the thread to the needle.
In every sewing machine, you can find it on the right side. You can use it to lower or lift the needle for threading.
It is the part that is directly related to stitching. A needle is always located above the needle plate.
This is another vital part that helps you keep the fabrics steady while sewing. In a brother sewing machine, you can find different types of presser feet made of either plastic or metal.
Once you have completely been introduced to the threading related parts, you are ready to dig into the threading process. Here is the 9 step procedure to threading a brother sewing machine. Let’s begin!
- At the beginning, you are to assure that your machine is switched off. Otherwise, the needle may break into pieces.
- Lift the lever of the presser feet that is just beside the needle area.
- Turn the hand wheel counter clock wise so that the needle goes up sufficiently. Besides, keep an eye on the mark of available on the wheel point. Make sure that the mark is up.
- Move to the top of the machine and completely lift up the “spool pin”. After pulling it up, place a thread spool on it and make sure that the spool of thread is placed tightly.
- We know that you have been holding the thread coming from the spool using the right hand, so now it is time to lead it towards you. To say in simple, insert the thread in the groove available on thread guide.
- Then feed the top thread. To do so: a) drag the thread down from the groove where another groove will be available, so lead the thread via it. b) Now, drag up the thread until the “thread take-up lever” appears on the left. c) Lead your thread through that and pull it down along the left.
- Place the thread just behind the guide that is above the needle.
- Guide the thread via the needle’s eye from the forepart to the rear.
- Finally, lead you thread end via the presser foot. In this stage, you are to keep in mind that at least 5 cm. Of thread is pulled out towards the back of your machine.
Tips to keep in mind
- When you thread the upper thread, ensure that the instructions are followed line by line. Because if this threading proves to be incorrect, either the needle will break or bend, or the thread will entangle.
- Avoid using a thread that weighs 20 or less than that
- Make sure that you use the thread and the needle in the proper combination. To learn it better, you can check the official website of Brother. There, you can get it under the title “Combination of fabric, thread or needle”.
- Feed the thread in the correct way, otherwise, you will have the sewing troubles.
- If the thread spool is wrongly placed, your thread will entangle ultimately causing fragility to the needle.
- While passing the thread via the first thread guide’s groove, ensure that the groove spring has caught the thread securely.
- Before jumping to the feeding of the upper thread, you are to lift the lever of both the thread take-up and presser feet.
- Never lead the thread via the thread “take-up lever” from left to right.
So, this was all about the threading of a brother sewing machine. We know the process is quite confusing as you have to remember the names of a number of parts. But, we guarantee you that all of your confusion will magically vanish if you go through our guideline several times with the utmost attention. However, don’t forget remembering the tips also, otherwise, your threading may remain incomplete or become unsuccessful for any of the trivial reasons that you surely don’t want to happen.