Singer, an extraordinary sewing machine, has been the first choice for the millions of fashionista for the past few decades. If you long for listing the reasons, you may find the list to be seemingly endless. Being inspired by such a huge number of fan followers of the singer sewing machine, you may certainly purchase one or several for own use. But, there will be no meaning of owning such a brilliant tool if you even don’t know how to thread a sewing machine infallibly.
As we care for you and respect your purpose; therefore, for you here, we present the simple procedure of threading a singer sewing machine. We don’t expect ‘thanks’ from you rather we want you to stay till the end at least for your own sake.
How to Thread a Singer Sewing Machine: The Ultimate Threading Process only for the Singer Users
The entire procedure of learning to thread the machine has been divided into two different parts for your better understanding without much affliction. Among the parts, the first one will introduce you with the must-know parts of a singer machine necessary for threading. The second will show you how to thread a modern singer sewing machine.
Introduction to the must-know parts
To thread a singer sewing machine, you must be familiar with the following parts including their function and location.
This switch is generally found on the right side of a machine, which you are to use to switch off the sewing machine.
Just like the power switch, the hand wheel is also located on the right side of the machine but a bit above of the power switch. You are to use the wheel to escalate or lower the needle.
Needle is the heart of the machine that lets you stitch on the fabrics. You can find it in the needle area just above the needle plate.
It helps you keep the fabric stable and again you can find it in the needle area.
It is the part that holds the thread spool for you. The spool pin is normally found above the singer machine.
Thread take-up lever
At the time of sewing, the top thread passes via this lever. The lever is mechanized to move down and up keeping pace with the needle. You can locate it on the front of the machine.
So, these are the must-know parts of a singer sewing machine with which you will deal while threading. Hence, it is better to get introduced with these in details before you jump into the dealing process.
Threading a modern power run singer sewing machine
- We have made this threading process easier for you presenting it with a number of steps and here follow those:
- Make sure that your singer machine is switched off. Otherwise, the machine may not able to help you to the fullest or even you may get a slight injury from the needle.
- Rotate the hand-wheel towards you and ensure that the needle is at its maximum position.
- Now, raise the presser foot. To do so, you just need to raise the lever of the presser foot.
- Here begins the threading process. In this stage, you are to complete the horizontal threading. For the successful completion of this threading, at first, place the thread spool over the spool pin. Secondly, slide the spool pin cap/holder tightly over the spool rim so that the thread may not entangle.
- Once the horizontal threading is done, now, it is time for completing the vertical threading. To do so, in the first instance, you should raise the spool pin. After raising it, place the thread and felt onto it.
- Pass the thread via the lower slot that you will find at the thread guide’s underside. Then, pass the thread via the upper slot. In this way, you will lead the thread over and around towards right. Now, pull the thread through the first thread guide.
- Pass the thread via the second thread-guide leading it towards the right and under the guide respectively. Avoid making a mistake while inserting the thread. Insert the thread from the quadrant over the roof carefully.
- Snap the thread into the higher thread guide keeping its ends hold with each hand.
- Lead thread down and around the ‘tension system’.
- Lightly hold the thread spool using the right hand and drag up the thread using the left hand. This will let the thread slip into the ‘tension discs’.
- Guide the thread downward into the threading channel. While doing so, don’t forget ensuring that the thread is inside the ‘tension discs’.
- Thread the eye of the take-up lever and drag down at least 6”-8” thread.
- Now, this is the time to drag the thread via the thread guide/s that is/are above the needle.
- Finally, thread the needle from forepart to rear.
Must-to-keep in mind tips
- Switch off the machine before jumping into the process to avoid unexpected injury and machine break down
- In stage 6, avoid passing the thread upper and then lower slot.
- Don’t lead the thread around and down the tension system instead of ‘down and around’.
- To make the machine jam-free apply oil only to the oiling points instead of here and there
- Never thread the needle from back to front
This is how you can thread a singer sewing machine. We strongly and humbly recommend you to go through the steps repeatedly making sure that you don’t take a bird’s eye view. Otherwise, you will never be a master in it.