Since the last decade, brother sewing machine has been able creating one after another revolution in the world market. The machine has already seized a permanent place in the heart of millions of fashionista. From this, you can get a clear global overview of the increasing popularity of this brand. Ultimately, you might have already decided to kick off your fashionista career with this outstanding sewing machine.
But, we feel sorry to say that even this amazing machine will fail in bringing your expected success unless you learn how to set it up properly. As the issue is such significant, we felt the urge to do something for you. Therefore, in this article, we will be digging into the detail procedure of setting up a brother sewing machine. You cannot but stick till the end carefully if success is the vision of your life.
How to Set up a Sewing Machine Brother Properly
This is to keep you informed that the entire procedure of setting up consists of a number of phases. You cannot just ignore one phase or take lightly, and then you yourself will be responsible for incomplete and erroneous learning. Here follow the detail exploration of each of the phases for you!
A short introduction to the basic parts of brother sewing machine
This is the switch with which you can power on/off your brother machine.
It lets you pick the right built-in stitch for your project.
Stitch length and width selector
The length selector allows you to set the stitch’s length while the wide selector lets you adjust the stitch width.
You can find this just below the needle. It basically presses the sewing material against the ‘feed dogs’ so that the material doesn’t get slipped. However, in a brother sewing machine, there are a number of presser feet to use for any of the purposes- general sewing, creating buttonhole, sewing buttonhole, sewing zippers.
These are the things that you can find on throat plate. These pull your fabric or material through sewing machine.
Also known as ‘flywheel’ helps you place the stitch either top or bottom.
It keeps holding the bobbin inside the machine.
It is the holder of the thread spool and always located on the top of a machine.
These control your thread’s tension for better stitching.
The guides show you the right path of placing thread. These also ensure that the thread is securely placed while sewing.
This is the button that allows you to continue stitching from the opposite side.
Thread the machine
To thread your brother sewing machine, kindly follow the steps serially.
- In the first instance, make sure that the machine is powered off.
- Pick up the lever of the presser foot.
- Turn the hand-wheel to you or against the clock so that needle can reach to the top.
- Completely pull up the spool pin
- Place a thread spool on the pin. Be alert while doing this because your incorrect placement of the thread spool can cause tangling in the thread. This often is responsible for the breaking of the needle.
- Your right hand might have been holding the thread from the thread spool since the last step. Now, pass it towards you and through the thread guide’ groove.
- Keep pulling the thread down and create a U shaped form pulling it up to pass it through another thread guide.
- Pass the thread through the guide that you can find just above the ‘needle’.
- Guide the thread via the needle’s eye. Never pass the thread from the back to the front.
- Lead the thread’s end via the ‘presser foot’. Finally, don’t forget pulling out about 2-inches of thread to the back of the machine.
Here ends the threading of your brother sewing machine.
Wind the bobbin
To wind the bobbin, you are to follow the following steps maintaining serial.
- At first, switch on your machine and open the ‘top cover’.
- Put the bobbin on the shaft of the bobbin winder. Keep pressurizing the bobbin or slide the winder towards you as long as it doesn’t snap into the place.
- Remove the cap of the spool pin and place the thread spool onto the pin.
- After placing, slide the thread spool to make sure that the spool is level and the thread uncoils to the forepart at the base.
- Now, slide the cap onto the pin and keep sliding it towards the right as far as possible.
- Use your right hand to hold the thread close to the thread spool and the left hand to drag the thread. Pull the thread and lead it behind the cover of the thread guide and then to the forepart.
- Guide the thread under the “thread guide plate” from the right side.
- Lead the thread under the thread guide’s hook. Then wind it against the clock under the “pretension disk”.
- Wind the clockwise pulled out thread 5 to 6 times around the bobbin.
- Lead the thread’s end via the ‘guide slit’ that is found in the seat of the bobbin winder. Pull the thread towards the right and cut it.
- To increase the winding speed, simply slide the speed controller towards the right.
- Finally, use a scissor to wound thread’s end and pick up the bobbin from the machine’s shaft sliding the shaft towards the left.
The simplest task is left so far that is stitch selection. Before selecting your stitch, decide which one will be perfect for your current project. You can go through the printed stitch chart to get familiarized with all types of built-in stitches. Once your decision is taken, simply turn the stitch selection switch either right or left where you stitch number is. Finally, lock the stitch number and your selection ends here.
In the end, it can be said without any hesitation that setting up a brother sewing machine is a mammoth task that includes several separate processes. But, we guarantee your being a master in the whole procedure shortly if you go through our writing several times with the utmost attention.